Monday, April 8, 2013

Sew Cute Tote

Happy Monday Friends
 
 
I've had a busy weekend.  How was yours?
Jacob is going to be a little sun lover.  We've spent all weekend outside in the sun.
It is so good to see the sun again. I feel like a cat and just want to curl up in bask in the warmth and snooze for hours.  Ha, I'm dreaming again.  Does anybody out there with a toddler get to do this anymore?  If you do please share with me your secret of getting that time alone.  I can't remember the last time I got to pee alone, lol.  Oh well, I'm still living the dream!
 
However, this week during nap time I have been working on a cute little bag. 
Let me know what you think.  I love making stuff like this.  I love to upcycle things.  When I'm shopping I browse for things that have some basic fabric or colors that I like, then restyle them to create something totally different than what it started out to be and add a touch of myself. 
I like to play with denim a lot and that is my usual fabric of choice but I this little fabric caught my eye and I just had to see what I could do with it.

To create this little tote I also purchased bamboo handles and covered them with matching colored ribbon.  I found these adorable buttons at Joann's, as you can see there are a pair of scissors, needle and thread and a thimble that I've added.  I love the added eyelet ruffles on the front.
This is just a little tote or purse or whatever, I just enjoyed putting it together. 
Hope you like it.
 

 
 
 

 
Angel
 
 
 


21 comments:

  1. I love it! Very, very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel this tote is adorable! Man I wish I could sew. My package arrived today and I wanted to give you a big hug for it! Wow it was like being a kid at Christmas!!! Very generous of you both. Thank you again for my goodies.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with ruffles on anything. Your little tote is adorable. I always use handmade bags. They always get comments,because noone else has one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I found your blog via Snack Cups and Smiles' Blog.

    That's such a pretty tote - thank you for sharing.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Yvonne : )

    www.my-haunted-attic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous romantic bag my dear^_^
    Have a lovely day,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect for summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel, thank you for stopping by
    Oh! My Heartsie WW I appreciate your time!! And I love the tote you recycled, it is so cute, the buttons are a great addition!!
    Keep creating and Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.... cute idea....

    Hugs
    CAtherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Just lovely!

    Thank you so much for sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angel, this is very cute. You are so good. I love this tote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable!! I love the fabric. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely and very cute idea - well done you!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking this up last week at SHOW IT OFF Wednesday. This week's party started this morning I would love for you to stop by.

    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-it-off-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. So whimsical. A perfect little bag for sewing supplies!

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to stop back by and say I will be featuring you tonight at the linky party as my major sponsor this month! I will also have your banner on my feature post, and I pinned this cute little bag and shared it on Facebook. =)

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this , Just shared on Facebook:)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this!
    Thanks for linking this wonderful post up to my “Themed Blog & Shop Hop!”
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete