Monday, May 18, 2015

How To Have Soft, Silky, Younger Looking Skin

Honey is a wonderful healthier sweetener, but did you know that it’s great for your face. Honey gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping your skin of natural oils, balances oily skin, and moisturizes dry skin.


Honey has many skin benefits. Honey fights inflammation and bacteria on skin. It has healing property which heals wounds and infection on skin. It has moisturizing properties, which help to retain moisture for a long time.  Use with raw honey for the greatest benefits.

Honey can be used alone as a face mask. Just wet your fingers before you apply the honey face mask then gently smooth it on your face and neck.  Leave on for about 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.


Honey / Avocado Face Mask for Dry Skin

2 teaspoon fresh mashed avocado
2 teaspoon plain yogurt
2 teaspoon raw honey    


Mix ingredients in a small bowl until creamy. Spread the mixture over your face and leave on for 20-30 minutes before washing it off. 

The fats in the avocado (avocado is a rich source of natural oils) and yogurt work to deeply moisturize your skin while the lactic acid in the yogurt smooths your skin, refines pores, and stimulates collagen production which helps your skin look smoother and younger.

This sweet and easy honey face mask will nourish and moisture your skin and improve your skin complexion. It is the ideal facial mask for dry skin. 

Honey is a very effective moisturizer for skin. It retains moisture making your skin radiant, soft and supple.

Honey's antioxidant properties make it capable to fight against skin damage and skin aging.

Angel

28 comments:

  1. Wow, I did not know about this. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I wish I wasn't allergic to honey. I'll link this at the hop this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love natural masks like this, I'd love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about using them together, great tip. Thanks for sharing and hosting Wake Up Wednesday.
    Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea honey was good for more than just eating. I'm going to try and make this mask for me and my daughter.
    growingupin70s.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey is awesome! It has so many great uses. And it is great for your skin. Thanks for the easy face mask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an easy and inexpensive skin care regimen...sounds kinda yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. Looks like a spa day might have to be in my future. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The healthy basics are always a good idea! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angel, your recipe sounds very nutritious for the skin, especially with the avocado, I will try it, I certainly need moisture.

    Thank you for sharing on Friday Features.
    Have a great weekend!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like I'll have to try your Honey/Avocado face mask...it does sound relaxing. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello beautiful! Great post. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a neat natural mask to try. Love this!
    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to make my own natural skin care products at home as well. DIY is amazing! Thank you for sharing 'How To Have Soft, Silky, Younger Looking Skin' with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party! I am pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honey is so amazing! Love this as I really used honey on my face already. Havent tried it w/ avocado so this is something new to try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi, there are so many amazing uses for honey, but never thought of using it on my skin...i shall try it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to try this. I knew that honey had lots of uses but had no idea about avacado.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to try this. I knew that honey had lots of uses but had no idea about avacado.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never knew that honey could be used this way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I'll try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I just learned something new. I am definitely going to try this for my aging skin. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds great. I will try this out. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. this sounds pretty ==thank you for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds good I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will have to try this out for my really dry winter skin.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never thought about using them together. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds good to me. I wanna look younger.

    ReplyDelete