Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" Party #64




to

 week #64

 Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" Party
@ Sew Crafty Angel

************************************************************

We are so excited to have so many amazing bloggers party with us.
Check out this weeks Featured linkups.

Thank you so much to all those who share your blog in our party.
Last week we had  391 awesome linkups!   

 Wake Up and be happy, get excited and have fun with us! 
We want to be inspired, entertained, laugh and have a good time!



Your link will appear on the blogs of
  Relaxed Thairapy,     

Interested in Co-Hosting Wake Up Wednesday?
Fill out this form and Angel will be in touch with you?


This weeks 
Featured Bloggers


DIY: SIMPLE & SWEET OWL PILLOWS
Creatively Homespun

I have to admit, these are super easy…

So I actually didn’t measure or trace anything? I “eye-balled” most of it. OOPS! I’ll give you instructions and then show you where you can find a pattern



Painted Guitar: Americana Style
Re-do It Yourself Inspirations

We have a few "first guitars" hanging around our youngest son's room. I'm currently working on a complete room makeover for this tween and decided to upcycle a couple of these tattered toys. My first victim of this particular DIY is this one...



Gaining Blog Views: Link Parties
Hello! Last week I started a series called Starting a Blog, to chronicle my experience from starting a blog so far. Last week focused on actually starting your blog and the technical aspects of beginning a website. It is a good idea to start from that page first. Today I will start the discussion about how to gain views. This post will focus on promoting your blog through link parties and how to optimize your photos for them.


PEANUT BUTTER SURPRISE COOKIES RECIPE
Rebel Chick
I’ve been making this recipe for close to 20 twenty years. Yeah, I know. I just dated myself.

It’s the “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie” recipe from ABC Distributing’s “Grandma’s Favorite Cookies” cookbook. Did you ever work in an office that received the ABC Distributing catalog? It was so full of awesome stuff!!


DIY Lavender Bath Bomb (Lush Copycat)
A Mother Thing
Nothing quite hits the spot like a good old bath bomb. Stick it in the water as you fill up the tub, and it fizzes and releases wonderful smells, while coloring the water and relaxing you instantly. But they tend to cost way more than they should, and when you can easily make them at home for a fraction of the price, why not whip up a batch yourself? These make amazingly wonderful gifts for the ladies in your life, and they are awesome to have on hand on those days you just want to indulge. For a home spa day, they are essential!


Memory Quilt: Polaroid Design
Nicer Than New

Today I want to share with you  a fabulous way to preserve memories, especially if you have a ton of t-shirts or jerseys just laying around taking up drawer or storage space: A Memory Quilt.  This one is designed around the shape and design of Polaroid photos!


Easy Beer Bread: Savory Pesto-Flavored Variation
~Taylor-Made Homestead~
When planning the food for the group each of us brings certain elements of the meals.   it was requested that I bring several different items but one such item was to bring bread of some sort (pesto bread was the recommendation).   Of course I could just buy the bread but I always prefer for both financial as well as environmental reasons to make these things myself whenever possible



Faux Fireplace Bookcase
Thrifty Girl. Big Dreams.
I am beyond excited to share with you my newest project.

A faux fireplace bookcase.

I would love to have the real deal but I knew financially that would not be happening anytime soon. So what do frugal, crafty, do-it-yourselfers do? We browse Pinterest.

Then after finding this beauty on a Facebook yard sale page…


Overnight Oatmeal in a Jar…I can make it!
Hope in the Healing
I love oats. I love oatmeal. I can just eat it plain, when I am being really good. I also like it with a teaspoon of honey and almond milk. When I am on the road I will even fix me some quick and easy oatmeal with the instant packets. Not my favorite but when you are living in hotels it is better than most of the other things they offer and you know what is in it. I love oatmeal cookies, oatmeal granola bars, no bake chocolate oatmeal dropped cookies…get the idea? There are not too many things with oats that I do not like.



Grandma's Legendary Zucchini Bread Recipe
"Born Again" Farm Girl

One of my favorite childhood memories is that of my grandmother's zucchini bread. There was just something extra special about how she made it. You know how sometimes you close your eyes and go to your “happy” place? My grandpa’s kitchen, with a slice of her zucchini bread, has always been a “happy” place memory for me.


Reese's Slam Dunk No Bake Cheesecake
Spaceships and Laser
I love any reason to get together for a party. With basketball championships right around the corner, I'm excited to invite friends over for delicious treats and lots of cheering together. These Reese's Slam Dunk No Bake Cheesecake are absolutely delicious and oh-so-easy! 



Classic Layered Salad with Avocado Cream
Nicer Than New

When I asked my sister-in-law what I could bring to our Easter dinner, I was told all was covered off except a salad or vegetable.  With a simple main course of pineapple ham and scalloped potatoes, I decided to make a classic layered salad. With so many crunchy vegetables in it, there would be no need for another vegetable dish!  I love making (and eating!) layered salads.  For this one, I added a cream dressing with avocado added.


Make Your Own Bug Repellent with Essential Oils
Stephanie Lincecum

I'm not a fan of summer. Well, that might be a little harsh. Breaking it down a bit, I'm really not a fan of weather above 80°, and I'm not a fan of bugs. Wasps scare the bejeezus out of me. Gnats and mosquitoes annoy me to seemingly no end. Even if I try to enjoy the milder warmth of early morning or late evening, they are there to ruin it for me.


Make an Herb Garden from a Pallet
Pink When

This is the project that I made in a few short hours with my old torn up pallet, a Kreg jig, drill, and some paint! The transformation was amazing, and if you have an old pallet around, I would whole heartedly tell you to give this project a try.


Excellent Pin Growing Pinterest Resources
Earning and Saving with Sarah Fuller

Pinterest has proven to be a powerful traffic driver for many bloggers including myself. In fact, it is my number one traffic source. Pinterest’s visual nature and the ease of bookmarking items of interest on this virtual bulletin board has yet to be matched.


Make Your Own Italian Seasoning Mix
A Cultivated Nest

One of the great things about making your own homemade Italian seasoning blend is that you can adjust the amounts of the spices to suit your taste.  You could add more basil if that’s what you like or no red pepper flakes if  that’s what you prefer. Play around with this recipe and customize it to your tastes! You probably already have everything you need to make it right in your spice cupboard or pantry.


Spring at the Homestead - A Pictorial
BLUETOOTH HOLLOW
I'm not in much of a writing mood. How about just pictures for today?


Ciondolo di primavera
Miss Quilling
Ciao a tutte! Oggi mini post per farvi vedere un nuovo ciondolo


Coconut Key Lime Pie Bites
A Sprinkle of This and That

One of my favorite desserts (actually there are many), is key lime pie.
A bite of key lime pie is like a little tropical taste of Florida.
So, I took my key lime pie recipe and jazzed it up a bit.  Added some coconut and made that favorite pie into mini bites of tropical paradise!


5 Ways You Are Damaging Your Hair and Don't Even Know It
Audacity to be You

1. Combing - How you detangle and style your hair can be a major factor to why you are not retaining length and ultimately leading to breakage. Make sure you start at the ends of your hair and work your way up. This insures less breakage and you are not tugging on the hair. Also take into account to use a wide tooth comb to do this process. My favorite comb to use is the Hecules Sageman. If you don't want to use a comb try finger detangling. In my opinion this is the safest way to rid your hair of tangles because you can actually feel the knots in your hair.



 Wake Up Wednesday Linky




---------------------------------------------------
Link up your funny stories, DIY posts, crafts, decorating, fashion, makeup, health & fitness, recipes, mommy moments -- anything at all, as long as it is family-friendly.  Please visit some other bloggers and make some new friends and say hello to old friends..
  • Please leave me a comment , I love to hear from you.
  • Please Link to your family friendly post 
  • I'd love for you to grab my party button for your blog party site but it's totally optional
  • Please No adult content blogs
  • Please do not add links to shops or selling websites (they will be deleted from the party)
  • Giveaways are always welcome.. Add your giveaways to Sew Crafty Angel's Pinterest Community Giveaway Board too.  
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Sew Crafty Angel permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Sew Crafty Angel And Co-Hosts.  Note- All features on Sew Crafty Angel And Co-Hosts will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the linky party.

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Debbie
      Thanks for sharing your awesome blog with us this week.
      Hugs my friend
      Angel

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting !
    Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzan
      Great to have you party with us. Thanks for sharing your blog with us.
      Hugs
      Angel

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting! It's been a while since I have participated. Happy to be back!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda
      Great to have you back to partying with us. I'm glad things are going well. I love your glycerin soaps and your treasure box is beautiful. It looks like we share of love of linens from the past. I continue to buy them at antique shops and could never use all of them in a lifetime, lol. Thanks so much for joining us.
      Hugs my friend,
      Angel

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Amy
      Thanks so much for partying with us today. I'm lovin' your Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe and can't wait to try it. It looks amazing!
      Angel

      Delete
  5. Loving the photos, especially that salad and cheesecake. Yummy Thanks for the link party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim
      Great to have you party with us. I love your EASTER FASHION & RECONNECTING post. I've just left your blog and have enjoyed visiting you. I remember getting the girls dressed for Easter services at church when they were little and hope they share those same memories with their children. You are so right God is Waiting.
      Hugs
      Angel

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the amazing party with so many creative links to click on and learn from. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie
      So wonderful to have you party with us. It's always a pleasure to have you visit with me and you know I love your wonderful blog. The Envy Mon­ster post is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us.
      Hugs my dear friend,
      Angel

      Delete
  7. thanks for the opportunity and I love you website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cannot imagine my excitement and gratitude to have not one but TWO of my posts featured: The Memory Quilt and the Layered Salad. I always feel honoured to be featured but today I feel doubly honoured! Thanks for hosting a great party

    Joan from Nicer than New

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to receive the invite - thanks too for hosting this party again this week. Been busy, but not too busy to come along here and check folks out. Hope everyone is having a great time getting ready for Spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Angel! Thanks for hosting another great link party! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Angel and your co-hosts for the party!
    Hugs from Canada,
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a great party! Please take a moment to stop by our party. We pin and tweet your masterpieces!
    Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzie
    I was reading your Sunday dinner post and it really made me want ham. It's night time where I live and a ham dinner isn't going to happen for me tonight but I can dream. Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog with us.
    Hugs my friend,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for such a fun party! ;-) Lots of great links

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful link up! And thank you for the lovely feature, Angel! So many amazing features and ideas posted here today. Thank you for sharing us!
    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete