Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cucumber Lemon Water Detox

We all know that drinking a lot of water is beneficial for your health. It is your body’s best beauty secret. Drinking 8-10 glasses per day is important because every cell in your body needs it. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.  Water helps energize muscles. Cells that don't maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue.  Water helps keeps your energy level high. It keeps your skin moisturized and glowing and your hair strong and shiny.
I’m going to be honest, I do NOT drink nearly enough water.  I drink way too much coffee and diet coke.  I’ve just never been a big water drinker but as I’m getting older, I’m really starting to see how I need to make this a new habit for my health.
Flavored water is very refreshing, and the pairing up of cucumber and lemon is a fantastic combination considering the health benefits and the great taste.  

At Home
   
On The Go
Some Amazing Benefits:
Cucumbers Cucumbers are natural diuretics and will help your body release water.  Cucumbers contain silica which help your build healthy muscle tissue as well as known for helping your skin stay clear and smooth.
Lemon – Is a superfood that aids in digestion, Dr. Oz says could “be a wrinkle fighter”.  Lemons  are also a good alkaline source with helps balance your ph levels, supports weight loss.
Mint –  Is known to help stop stomach aches, reduce headaches and decrease congestion.   It also kills harmful bacteria, keeping your mouth naturally clean.
Ginger – Aids in circulation. Helps cleanse out your system, aids in digestion, and settles your stomach. A little goes a long way, so I'd start by grating a small piece into your water and add more to taste.  Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory, which can help in reducing joint pain and aches.
All these ingredients have many health benefits, but essentially all help aid in digestion. Cucumber and Lemon water will cleanse your body and leave you feeling refreshed.

Ingredients
  • 2-3 thinly sliced lemons 
  • 1 thinly sliced cucumber
  • 15 mint leaves
  • 1/2 tbp fresh grated ginger
  • 1 gallon of water

Directions
  • Step 1: Always wash fruits and vegetables.
  • Thinly slice the lemon and cucumber.
  • Step 2: Place all your ingredients in a container and fill to the top with water.
  • Step 3: Steep in fridge overnight and enjoy the next day.
Try this for a week and let me know how it worked for you.  I'm truly feeling great since I started my healthier lifestyle.  Hope you enjoy.

Angel


13 comments:

  1. Water is so important to our bodies to stay healthy and so many people don't get enough of it. Love your recipe for the flavored water and thanks for the providing the health benefits of each ingredients. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & twitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I also do not drink as much water most days as I would like, I find that lemon water aids in preventing me from drinking soda. I almost become addicted. Lol. I don't care for the taste of cucumbers in my water (although I absolutely love them in general) and have never tried mint or ginger. (Does ginger ale count?) ;) This post was great. Thanks for the information! Pinned and tweeted!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great! I must admit sometimes at the end of the day I realise I didn't drink at all! Terrible! I will definitely try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice drink for summer, looks refreshing and a detox also....fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cucumber mint water during the summer! I'll have to try it with some lemons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good right now. I guess I'm kind of thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cucumber and those ingredients individually. I always thought mixing them together in water to drink was insane... Seeing this here, I am definitely going to try it. You will here from me after a week.
    Thanks Ma for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this drink! So refreshing and perfect for the summer time heat! Stopping by from the Live It Up Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I start my day with lemon water each day so I can't wait to try some of your lovely add-ins! Thank you for sharing your healthy and delicious Cucumber Lemon Water Detox recipes with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have done this... and it is great. I haven't used ginger in cold water though, only hot... I will have to try it. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often have ginger and hot water at night before bed, refreshing taste and nothing in it to keep me awake :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this post. I really like to read this blog. This information is very helpful. Its really worth to visit this blog. 5 hour energy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never thought of adding ginger and mint to the cukes and lemon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete