Sunday, April 12, 2015

Awesome Smoothie Recipes

I wanted to share some Smoothie Recipes that I've found and the taste is almost to good to be good for you.  My first kale smoothie was undrinkable.  
Let's face it, if you can't stand to taste it you're probably not going to drink it, lol.


Hemp Hearts, Blueberries, Chia Seeds, and Spinach are becoming my favorite ingredients.


Recipes


Sleepy Seeds Smoothie helps facilitate sleep naturally by reducing muscle tension and promoting system relaxation. 

Ingredients
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1⁄4 cup blueberries
  • 1⁄4 cup raspberries
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
  • 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
Instructions
Place ingredients into a blender, fill to the max water line, and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.



Skinny Blast Smoothie

The Skinny Blast Smoothie naturally promotes weight loss and increases your sense of well being. \

Ingredients
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 tbsp hemp seeds
  • 1⁄8 pumpkin seeds
Instructions
Place ingredients into a blender, fill to the max water line, and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. 


Fountain Of Youth Smoothie

The Fountain Of Youth Smoothie will help you reenergize and reinvigorate, thus providing a more youthful attitude and appearance. 

Ingredients
  • 1 medium nectarine, pitted
  • ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
  • ½ cup blueberries
  • 2 cups kale
  • 10 walnut halves
Instructions
Place ingredients into a blender, fill to the max water line, and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. 



Jolly Green Smoothie

The Jolly Green Smoothie is named for the jovial green giant mascot of the Green Giant vegetable company. 

Ingredients
  • ½ banana
  • ½ orange, peeled and seeded
  • 2 cups spinach
  • ¼ cup raspberries
  • ¼ cup strawberries
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • ½ cup ice
Instructions
Place ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. 
Add a few Chia seeds to the top and enjoy.

22 comments:

  1. Love smoothies, these sound delicious! The trick with kale is to add a few leaves without the stems (which are more bitter) and also add lots of sweet fruits like berries and dates to mask the taste if you're not used to it just yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Kale with pineapple and ginger not only tastes good but is loaded with antioxidants.

      Delete
  2. I've added some chia seeds to my diet, and I'm surprised at how much more energy I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel! These are some awesome recipes! I can't wait to try them. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love smoothies! Pinning for some healthy summer drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All sound like keepers! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Visiting from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. These all sound so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice assortment of smoothies, we'll be trying them soon. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love smoothies and I am always ready to try something new. Pinned. Thank you for sharing your recipes!
    Charlotte @My Green Nook

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound really good. I'm going to make them soon. Maybe I'll make some for my kids and not tell them what is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound really good. I'm going to make them soon. Maybe I'll make some for my kids and not tell them what is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jolly green one looks amazing. I haven't had a smoothie in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Love all these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I appreciate you sharing these great smoothies. I am eating healthy this year and already feeling much better with more endurance. I will give this a try. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try this out. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like smoothies,these all look good,and sound great==thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love smoothies.Great recipes thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love smoothies.Great recipes thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these smoothie recipes look and sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love smoothies. Great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great recipes. I know my sister will appreciate them as she is always trying to get her kids to eat healthy but they do not .

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd like to try the Jolly Green Smoothie but they all look good.

    ReplyDelete