Thursday, April 23, 2015

Seasonal Summer Salad

For a quick and easy seasonal dinner, toss together a fresh salad chock-full of good-for-you ingredients. This salad recipe shines the spotlight on garden-fresh veggies, fruits, nuts and cheese for a salad that's light yet satisfying.  Less than 400 calories and full of protein, offers options for a tasty and healthy main dish that's loaded with nutrition.


Ingredients


  • Mixed tender leafy greens
  • Cucumber thinly sliced
  • Walnuts
  • Blueberries 
  • Blood orange slices
  • Diced peaches
  • Fresh blueberries
  • Tomato wedges
  • Hemp Seeds
  • Cheese of your choice
  • Purple grape

Ingredient amounts vary depending on the amount you want - a plate or a family size bowl.
Just mix it up and enjoy.
  
Dressing is whatever you prefer.  I like a light Raspberry Vinaigrette or Light Ranch.  

Angel

4 comments:

  1. Your seasonal summer salad looks and sounds mouthwatering. I can't wait for the local markets fresh fruits and veggies. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious and fresh. Love the mix of fruit and vegetables. I shared your recipe. Thank you for inspiring me to try a new salad. I found your post at the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party. Have a nice weekend!
    Charlotte @My Green Nook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could resist such a healthy and delicious dish? I love a hearty, chunky, textured salad this one! Thank you for sharing your Seasonal Summer Salad recipe with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad looks so healthy full of goodness, we eat salads almost every night and I like fresh ideas!!

    Thanks for sharing on The Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features!!
    Hope you have a great weekend
    Karren
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete