Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall Door Wreath DIY

I've finally started decorating my front porch for Fall.
I love creating my own wreaths each year.  
This year I just fell in love with all the gorgeous
 little pumpkins available everywhere. 
 So my theme was born.



I picked my pumpkins and gourds up at HomeGoods.
The wreaths were ones that I had stashed 
from a sale at Joann's for 99 cents
I found some beautiful sunflowers and pinecones 
at Joann's too.



I always keep a few grapevine wreaths in my 
stash so that I'm ready when the 
creative mood hits me.  They get very 
cheap at the end of summer so I stock up.
Add a little hot glue and my wreath starts taking shape.






My finished DIY Wreath.
I love it.





These towels were on sale so I picked up a 
couple for chair pillows.


10 minutes on the sewing machine and I had pillows.
So simple.  Just fold your towel in half and sew 
both sides first.  Then add your filling;
I used and old bed pillow and took out the 
stuffing and reused it.  Then sew up the bottom
and you have a chair pillow.  Sew simple.






Enjoy the season.  Be creative.
Hugs
Angel

12 comments:

  1. Your front porch looks gorgeous Angel. I love the colour of your rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wreath you have made, as are your porch decorations. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love the shabby chic design and your decor looks so amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel, you are amazingly creative- your porch looks like the pictures I see on Better Homes and Gardens. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreath is great, and I really like the pillow. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your front porch looks great! I need to get busy and get my fall wreath made - have had the supplies for a few weeks but too busy with crochet and knitting projects or creating new juices in my juicer. Thanks for sharing this - beautiful wreath! I love the idea of using the towels for a pillow, too - will have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch is beautiful, Angel. I love the idea of using pretty towels to make pillows - so smart and cute! Thanks for sharing - pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!, your wreath is so festive and perfect for the holidays! Love if you share this on Fabulous Friday Party if you have few minutes.. Thanks Maria
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-partyget-inspired/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch looks wonderful! The colors of fall are super amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours in this, really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous wreath! It's so festive!

    ReplyDelete