First decide which cookies to bake. Choose a variety to give everyone their favorite treat. To make these even easier you can buy your cookies in a roll then all you have to do is cut and bake.
Bake your cookies, allow them to cool and then place them in the freezer so that they’ll be firm when it's time to squish the ice cream between them.
- Try to find ice cream that you can slice easily and you can cut it with a cookie cutter.
- If you can't find what you like in a box then you can soften ice cream a little bit, just enough to be able to spread it into a lined pan.
Creating the treats
- Once your ice cream is frozen solid, remove the top layer of the plastic wrap and, using a cookie cutter that’s the same size as your cookies, cut the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream between two frozen cookies, roll edges in your desired toppings and quickly return the finished sandwich to the freezer.
- Chill until completely firm.
The fun begins at just trying to decide what combinations to make.
- Brownie cookies with vanilla ice cream and Andes holiday cherry candy chopped.
- Chocolate chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate sprinkles.
- Chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream and rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla ice cream and peanut butter cups, peanut butter cookies.
Thanks to Pinterest for sharing recipes and photos to inspire us with so many great treats.