Friday, April 18, 2014

Vintage Church & Barns

I went on a road trip recently and took some photos of a few beautiful
old buildings that time forgot.

I couldn't get far enough off the road to get a good photo of the front of this
building but if you look closely you can see the wooden cross on the steeple.


I love old structures like these, they hold the past and open up our imaginations.
Time truly marches on and so many things are just left behind without a second thought.

At some time in history these old buildings were very important to someone.
Now they sit empty and abandoned waiting for someone to drive past and see the
beauty that once was.





Angel

6 comments:

  1. I love love love all of these old buildings - beautiful pictures!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are beautiful. I am wandering if the third photo of an old tobacco barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, I love old structures also. Great photos! I am so sad because they are going to tear down a barn slightly W. of our back yard for a new subdivision. Hate to see it go! Thanks for sharing your great photos with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Just think of the stories those buildings could tell us! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love looking at old barns and buildings. My dad works on a farm and their are so many old farm building there. #WakeupWednesday

    ReplyDelete