Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Top 3 Favorite Hand Creams

Hi everyone! As part of my first guest post as a Contributing Angel on Sew Crafty Angel, I thought I would share some of my favorite hand care products, since well, we all have hands that need to be loved and taken care of!


When we actually think about it, our hands go through a lot. They endure the heat, the cold, the wind, the sun, dish washing, cleaning, gardening, scrubbing, holding, lifting - you name it, they withstand it, although sometimes with some after effects. I used to be pretty bad about taking care of my hands, but ever since I started dabbling into skin care, I can definitely notice how much better they look and feel. While our nails need special attention too (more on that here), today I thought I would focus on our hard-working hands and share with you my top 3 creams for keeping them looking and feeling their best.


The first hand cream that I wanted to share with you is the Glysomed Hand Cream. It is formulated with glycerine, silicone, chamomile and antioxidant, which are all extremely beneficial when it comes to combating dry skin. The green tube that I use is slightly scented, but it also comes in an unscented version. This one I always keep in my purse and use throughout the day whenever my hands are feeling scaly or itchy. It feels light and although it takes a bit of time to absorb (15-20 minutes), I really helps relieve my hands when I'm on the go and need something that will provide long-lasting and effective results. This one is sold in most drugstores and is really affordable. I always stock up on it whenever it goes on sale since a girl's gotta love a good bargain!


The Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere Twilight Woods Hand Cream is a personal favorite because I am completely obsessed with the scent. So much so that I also got the Twilight Woods Fine Fragrance Mist (reviewed here) as a back up since I sadly can no longer find the hand cream in store or on their website, although I think it might have been reformulated or repackaged into this True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Hand Cream. I've been using it sparingly since I got it because I like is so much, but I might just get the body cream instead once I run out. This cream smells of apricot nectar, mimosa petals, mandarin, and coconut, among other lovely notes. I have to say it isn't as hydrating as the Glysomed cream, but it is still very soothing and the scent itself makes it a winner in my books!


A recent addition that has quickly become a top contender is the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot. Now this one is perfect to use at nighttime since it is very rich and hydrating. Once again, the scent is just divine; it is formulated with shea butter, green tea extract, chamomile and macadamia nut oil, so it is packed with natural ingredients and is also paraben and sulfate free. This product is on the luxurious side and it doesn't come cheap, but if you are looking for a cream that will whip your hands back into hydration, this one, which you can get from Sephora, is definitely worth the extra money.

Are you good about taking care of your hands? What products do you like to use to keep them looking and feeling their best?

post signature

11 comments:

  1. This is a great post. At work I have to wash my hands often so I really need something that tames the dryness. I will definitely be checking these out, Natalie! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post was helpful for you! Thanks for reading Kate :)

      Delete
  2. Great post Natalie!! I'm not the best at keeping my hands moisturized but I really need to take the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yes, our hands need to be shown some love too!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Natalie! I thought that I had tried everything that there is for dry hands but I have never heard of any of these. My hands are so dry and cracked - I'm going to look for the first one on your list and try that one next.
    Thank you!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! The Shea Cashmere sounds wonderfully smooth. Can't wait to try it! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! It really is lovely. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Josie Maran but haven't tried that hand cream yet - ty for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete