Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Reclaimed Wood DIY

I love the rustic look of weathered wood and I'm always looking for scraps to use
for some project.  A friend had some old fence panels in her garden shed that had just been
there for years and she just hadn't gotten around to throwing them away.

I asked if I could have a couple to play with and a new project was born.
I had 2 panels to work with, each 6 foot long.  
They were in great condition with gorgeous grey coloring.

I decided that I wanted to use them for a backdrop for some photos.
I started gathering the few tools I would need, and of course the battery to the saw was missing.

Successful search and soon my wood was cut into 6 clean pieces.

I few years ago my husband surprised me with a great set of various size nail and staple guns.
For this particular project I only needed the small staple gun and the small air compressor.
I used a scrap piece of craft wood to attach all my pieces together.

You can probably tell I love a powertool.
My husband always says the best thing about old age is that we can afford
more tools to play with, a man after my heart, lol.

My little panel is finished.  So quick and easy.

My photo turned out adorable and I have the backdrop for more photos in the future.

Thanks for spending time with me today.
Have a fantastic rest of the day.

Angel

20 comments:

  1. Impressed with your power tool skills Angel! Great little reclaimed wood back drop. Would make cute little signs too *hint* *hint*
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. That backdrop turned out gorgeous, bright & lightweight. But I'm still intimidated by the circular saw. Too many sharp warnings from my mom to quit playing around the power tools in the garage, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I found you on the God's Growing Garden site for the linky climb. Follow me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn how to use power tools! Your bunnies are sooo adorable, and what a great vignette you have created!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea! I always figured I couldn't have that look because I didn't have a fence. I never even would have thought of doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I love it! - You are an "Angel" of all trades!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. those a re cute i have neighbor who going to do me xmas stuff i suppy the wood

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of rustic wood!! What a perfect backdrop for your cute bunny shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I would probably paint the wood, but that's just because I'm not a fan of the weather-beaten wood look. (I know, it's popular, but it never appealed to me for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's quite impressive to see the fence that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a unique and resourceful idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and rustic. Just what I like. Wish I was so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those look very impressive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love rustic wood. It adds a unique aspect to our home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The backdrop turned out so nice.Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The backdrop turned out so nice.Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like to re-use and recycle, so this one is up my alley. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete