We recently celebrated my daughters birthday. She always wants a homemade cake from mom.
So this years cake is a Yellow Butter Cake with
Pink & Yellow Layers (her favorite colors)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter then gradually add sugar, beating well .
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition: this mix should be fluffy yellow.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder: Then add mix to the creamed mixture ( above) alternating with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix. Mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Divide mixture into 2 bowls
- (I added a couple of drops of pink and yellow food coloring till desired colors were achieved)
- Pour batter into 2 greased/floured 9" pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove layers from pans and cool completely
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cup butter, softened
- 7 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl combine butter, sugar and salt. Beat till blended.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
My 2 year old had to taste test the middle layer of pink icing.
I caught him pink fingered, lol.
It was delicious.
(This recipe is adapted from an old Southern Living recipe-year unknown)
I want one!! Looks delicious!ReplyDelete
Who needs cake when you have butter cream frosting? But the cake looks good too!ReplyDelete
Oh, my gosh, too beautiful! What a special birthday cake! ♥ Sharing on Google+! #TreasureBoxTuesdayReplyDelete
That does look yummy!ReplyDelete
Such a pretty cake...thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!ReplyDelete
Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I always look forward to seeing what you'll share each week. :-) http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/04/try-new-recipe-tuesday-april-29.htmlReplyDelete
Happy quite belated birthday to your daughter. What a gorgeous cake. I stopped by from the Try a New Recipe Tuesday link up.ReplyDelete
Would love for you to stop by and share on my weekly recipe linky, Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
Have a great weekend
Angel, this is absolutely beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-27.htmlReplyDelete