Saturday, March 8, 2014

Do You Believe In Miracles?

My mother was the youngest of twelve children.  She and my grandma had such a wonderful relationship, momma adored grandma.  She loved her so much that I thought we were going to lose mom when grandma passed away.  Momma never really got over the loss of her mom and her best friend.. Their bond was forged in pure love, each would have died for the other without a second thought.


Grandma was a large woman and she wasn't very steady on her feet at times.  Her back was bent and weary from so many years of hard farm work and raising kids.  I remember one day I was playing in the living room with my grandma and in those days we had a huge pot-bellied stove in that room that heated our house. That stove would burn so hot that it glowed red, you knew never to get too close to it.

Grandma fell backwards that day and her back landed directly onto the side of that searing hot stove.  She started screaming for help.  My momma came running into the room and without a second thought she stuck her hand and arm between grandmas back and the stove, attempting to shield her grandma from the sweltering stove.  My grandpa and daddy came running in from the yard and lifted grandma from the stove. Grandma and momma had been stuck to that hot stove until help got to them.  I can't even begin to tell you what it was like to see this happening.

My momma's hand and arm wasn't even hot, there wasn't a mark on her.  Nothing.  Grandma's back was untouched, not even red. They both said they felt the heat from the stove but felt no pain.  I know there is no earthly way that could have happened and them be untouched except for a miracle.  I know that when momma stuck her hand between the hot stove and grandma that God stuck his hand between the fire and them.

Which do you think is the miracle?  That someone would love you enough to put their flesh in the fire for you or that you could be on the hot stove and not be burned?  Remember, the hand of God was there too, somebody does love you that much. God is real and alive today.  Miracles happen.


Be blessed,

Angel




30 comments:

  1. What an inspiring story....yes, I believe He will protect us, even in miraculous ways, even today. Miracles aren't just in the ancient past! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful story. God's love in indeed enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be the most amazing account of God's protection that I have ever heard (read)!!
    God bless you my friend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel this is one of the most beautiful stories of God taking care of us. Thanks for sharing this blessing with all of us. Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, The Lord protects us even when we don't realize it. Thanks for sharing on Clever Chicks Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartwarming story - there were angels among them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see stories like this, I wonder how you can't believe in God. This is a blessing and miracle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up with Countdown in Style!

      Delete
  8. Amazing story. Believing that miracles do happen assures Faith in God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Angel! I certainly do believe in miracles. I love how close your mom was to her mom. I would so love for my daughter and I to be that close (if I am so blessed to have one one day :) ) Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful post with us at Countdown in Style! Don't forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love is so very powerful and this is a perfect example. I'm so glad your grandma and momma were unhurt. Thanks be to Him that can do more than we can ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes i do and i bleve in angle and devil the angel or sprit love to drive me carzy some time i have baby at the grave yard i go to ans he still crys a ll the time i go there

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure I believe in miracles. I've been around too long not to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would indeed call this a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. By God's grace miracles happen everyday <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think as long as you believe anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ive never had a miracle happen to me, but doesn't mean I don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do. My sister had stage 4 cancer and was given a 5-10 % chance of living and she is alive now 15 yrs later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do believe in miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I believe miracles are happening every day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe in miracles they are happening everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe in miracles they are happening everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved the story and believe that the miracle helped out dramatically. I enjoyed reading about this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think miracles happen every day. But sometimes we just don't see them.

    ReplyDelete