Yes, sometimes I cheat. I don't always cook from scratch, I'm a cheater and proud of it. I make these cookies from boxed cake mix. This is a Betty Crocker recipe that my family loves and we make them often. They are delicious! Super Easy & Super Good! If you ever think about cheating, lol, the recipe is at the bottom.
Add a good sprinkling of confectioner's sugar and they make a beautiful presentation.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with spoon until well blended. Stir in vanilla and egg. Add cake mix; stir until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Give it a try.