Want to try something rich and oh-so good?
This brownie is made with dark cocoa powder for that rich chocolate taste that
will be the richest, fudge brownie you've ever tasted. You can decorate it with an assortment
of toppings. I chose some simple dark chocolate frosting and green icing for
St. Patrick's Day but the options are endless.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Dark Cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk;
beat to spreading consistency. About 1 cup frosting.
(This is a Hershey's Brownie Recipe that I have adapted.)