Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Denim Bag

 
 
 
Hello Everyone
 
Hope you all had a wonderful day.  Mine was full as always. 
Jacob has more energy than I know what to do with. 
However I've been working on a special project.  I love playing with denim.  I've lived in jeans all my life.  So I guess it's only natural that I like making crafts out of denim. 
 
Below is a little bag/purse that I've been working on. 
I've got a special event coming up soon and I wanted to create something for the occasion. 
 It's actually going to be a gift. 
 
I purchased a new pair of jeans and created the bag from them. 
I also like buttons and they make such cute decorations. 
The buttons are attached with ric rac to laced trim. 
I found some clear plastic handles that I thought went well with it at Joann's. 
The little pockets are small for a cell phone or whatever you wanted to carry.
 
I have a little insert that I'm working on and will post it when I have it completed. 
 
 
Anyway, I hope you like my little creation.  I'm having fun working on it.
 
Have a great day or night depending on where you are.
 
Best
 
Angel
 
 

21 comments:

  1. How cute is that?!! I love it and the buttons just make it more so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful!! love the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are "sew" crafty. Can't wait to see the insert. :) I've returned your follow, and hope you have a blessed week.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angel! Lovely blog! Thanks for following my! I'm follow you back!
    Kiss, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angel, luvd ur creation, it looks cute.
    Luv,
    Kauser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bag my dear^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and new follower from the link party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love it!Thanks so much for sharing.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fab! thanks for sharing!
    -Reshama
    www.stackingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great!! I had a pair of jeans in my stash for this idea but never got around to it. *Sad*

    I found you at the Inspiration in Progress party. I'd like to invite you to join the Pinterest Power Party as well! Hope you have a terrific Thursday!

    Danielle
    http://www.sewmuchcrafting.com/2013/03/pinterest-power-party-co-host_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag is so cute! Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Spotlight on DearCreatives.com hope your having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Saying hello from Friendship Friday. I am already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angel
    I love your denim bag! It is just to cute......
    I am a follower - and from Cuddlebug cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. Very nice. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute! Love the buttons!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable bag! I love the buttons!!!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! Love it! Thanks for sharing the idea! Have a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Angel! Sorry for the delay in visiting back - my RL went a bit crazy this week. Anyway - I love your purse and I love Denims. I wear my jeans whenever I can and that's quite often :)
    A while back one of my hobbies was Patchwork but it got too time consuming. I always wanted to sew my own bag but it never happened! Yours is sooo adorable and whoever the lucky receiver is ... she will love it! The idea of decorating it with buttons is very clever and is a perfect embellishment.
    I'm your new follower, hope to see soon more from you
    Best Wishes!
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the cutest jean purses I have seen! The buttons really got to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute transformation :)
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete