Wow, it's almost 2014. I don't know where the year has gone. Saying "Time flies" is an understatement of mass proportion.
But, here we are on the brink of another year. Time to start thinking of New Years resolutions. There are so many things I want to accomplish in 2014.
* I want to lose 20 pounds. ( who doesn't ) I've gained weight this past year and I hate how it makes me feel about myself. My cheeks are pudgy and my spare tire at my waistline has gained a spare tire of its own. I really don't feel good about my appearance right now. The last few months my solution has been to buy bigger cloths, not really the best option for good health.
* I want to get my life back to some sort of "normal" order for myself. I'm normally very organized and in control of my life. Remember I said normally. My life has turned in to a chaotic roller coaster recently and I'm not enjoying the ride. I haven't really defined how to accomplish this yet but it's a goal. One of the biggest issues for me is that I have no control over my time. It seems as if everyone always needs me to do something and I'm going to have to learn how to use the word "No".
* I want to find another job that better fits my home and family needs at this time. I don't want to change careers, I just need a different job. I'd love to find something closer to home but there's not many facilities near where I live. My normal drive is an hour to and from work which I hope to avoid that long of a commute.
* The biggest thing is that I've lost my Peace and I have to get it back. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone except me but it's always been a big part of who I am. It's hard to find Peace when your mind is in constant commotion. "Be Still" has taken on a whole new meaning to me recently.
* I want to give my craft room a little makeover. It was my place for some "Me Time" that I need again. It isn't just a craft room, it's my do everything room. I like having my little spot to be alone and think and blog or whatever. If you live with a lot of family members I know you will understand this desire.
* I want to take another cruise to the Bahamas. Our last cruise was over 2 years ago and I'm so ready for another one. I love being on the ocean. I put this on my list because if it's not on the list I'll forget about it until I'm to drained to care then it will be to late to plan and prepare for it. I am pretty good with list which is something I've done my entire life and normally its keeps things fresh in my mind for planning.
* Then there's my blog. I want to add some things to it but I haven't worked out all the details as yet. Those creative juices are still bubbling. It's been an awesome first year and I've learned a lot from so many wonderful bloggy friends. Now I think it's time for me to expand my horizons a little. My plan so far is to kick off with my Birthday/Blogiversary Giveaway which will end on January 30th and then in February add new things to share with my wonderful readers.
Anyway, this is my list so far. I've got a lot of planning and work to do in the coming weeks but I think it will all be worth my efforts. Again, if you have any advice or ideas that you'd like to share please do. I'd love to hear your feedback.
Look out 2014, here comes Angel!
Great list Angel and love how you are kicking the year off with your Blogiversary giveaway and just so happy to be a part of it!! Happy New Year :)ReplyDelete
That is quite a list!! I love your blog & can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014 - God bless you my friend!ReplyDelete
PS - from the recent pictures I've seen of you on your blog - you look great! If you really do need to lose 20 pounds you hide it well.
Love the list! Cheers to the New Year!ReplyDelete
I've been so busy lately and I read that you went back to work. I'm sorry to hear that it's so far away. One of the best things about moving is now my hubby is only about 30 minutes away without traffic! I can't wait for the new year to come and I hoep you find the peace you're looking for.ReplyDelete
i like you blog!
you follow earch others?
let me knows!
I wish you the best of luck in keeping your resolutions! Thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next week.ReplyDelete