Wednesday, January 22, 2014

No Cost Ottoman Redo

I have a young friend on a very tight budget who needed a little help
with an old ottoman she has had forever and wants to keep.  So we decided
to try to do a no cost redo.

To start with this couch had great bones but only one cushion.
That was pretty easy to fix, we just gathered some big cushions
and I think it looks really cute and it is veryyyyyy comfortable.


Now the problem piece.  This old ottoman.  It is obviously pretty worn but
the size is great and the bones are still intact.  But the problem 
was how to help it without spending any money.  

I dug through my fabric stash and found a large piece of fabric that had a similar
pattern but it was slightly off color but we felt it would be great.

We started by draping the material over the old ottoman and basting it on the wrong side.



This only took a few minutes.  She wanted it to have a little looseness so she could just easily
remove it and put it in the laundry.  She has 3 dogs and tells me that dog has is an accessory, lol.





I brought my sewing machine over to help speed up the process however the only
place to sit it was on a pass through ledge as there is no kitchen table yet.

So, standing at the ledge and sewing was a new venture for me but
we made it work.  It was actually kinda fun.






And here is our finished product.  
At totally no cost and it turned out really cute.




 

My young friend was very happy with her new ottoman.
And the price was the best part, zero dollars!!!


Angel

     

10 comments:

  1. Great! I love the idea of re-working something instead of just tossing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love furniture redoes! When I move, I'll be redoing all of my old furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zero dollars sounds pretty good to me! It looks great! Stopping by from DYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really awesome and I too love, when you can redo something and make it looks this great with no costs at all, cause we tend to toss way too much out these days, I think, and it´s such a waste. You girls did a really wonderful job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Perfect example of finding contentment with stuff you already have. I'm definitely jealous that you can just whip out your sewing machine and do that -- wish I knew how to sew better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's stunning!! I love the finishing touches!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done my friend! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reduce, re-use, re-purpose and recycle! This is great!

    ReplyDelete