Sunday, January 26, 2014

Laced Cake Plate Remake

I am always looking for something I can transform.
I was at TJMaxx a few days ago and found this cute little cup.
I looked at it and thought how adorable it was but couldn't think of what I would be able to do with it.  So I walked around a little more and I saw this beautiful laced something but I couldn't tell what it was because it was buried under a ton of other items.


I started moving all the stuff off that was piled on top of this, whatever it was, and then I realized it was a beautiful cake stand that had the actual stand part missing.  So my little head started thinking about that cute little cup a few aisles back.  Eek, someone else might have already gotten it!  I grabbed the plate and hurried back for the cup.  I put the cup under the dish where the stand should've been and it fit perfectly!   Oh yeah, momma's got it going on now!  Woot, woot, woot!



  
Just in case the stand was somewhere else in the dishes area I found the clerk for that
area and asked him if he knew of the whereabouts of the stand.  He and I looked
a little more but there was no stand to be found.  He was so nice and told me
if I'd buy it that he'd clearance it.  Hot dog!  I'll take it.  After all I had
to buy it because I had already found the cup to make it AWESOME again.


So off to home I go with my treasures in hand.  My hubby happens to take a look in my bag when I got home and he innocently and judgingly asked, "hey honey, why did you buy a broken plate and one cup?"   Duh!  He's been married to me for 33 years, you think he would know not to ask those kinds of questions.  I explained my plan and he gave me that husband look of "seriously".


Here's my finished result.  Some glue and it was done!


What do you think?  Would you pay $3 for this?

Angel


16 comments:

  1. Creative and so cute! But now I really want some donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this cup. For me it looks a little bit like a tropy, probably by the gold element :) Regards http://made-in-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This is a great re-purposing project. I did something similar to this by taking a lidded sugar bowl and gluing it to a candlestick making an apothecary jar.
    Thanks so much for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I would do, it looks very nice. I love the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! - great finds & fantastic job at making it a one-of-a-kind cake stand.
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely worth $3! It's so much fun when inspiration sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog design. It's very pretty. I think this was very creative and yes, I would pay $3 for that. Thanks for sharing your experience with us at Countdown in Style! Don't forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo creative!! Love this idea! :)
    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute and very original. I love repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don't forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

      ~~April~~
      100lbCountdown.com

      Delete
  10. Don't you love it when great little thoughts become one beautiful creation?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely worth $3 and more. It looks really beautiful, you'd never think you got it so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Mama needs another coffee (been up since 4:15 AM). I complimented Kelly from My Soulful Home for this adorable cake stand instead of you Angel. I love it! Happy to be cohosting this party with you! ~Marie@The Interior Frugalista

      Delete
  13. Such a great idea! That is an adorable cake stand. Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete