Friday, January 24, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies = Sanity

   Anybody want a Cookie?


I hope it's warm wherever you are tonight.  It's been so cold here lately that my kids are going stir crazy and unfortunately taking me with them.  I have racked my brain trying to keep them entertained.  Even my 2 year old has had all of the house he can handle.  So this afternoon I bribed them with cookies.  They love chocolate chip cookies, especially if we make them little, so it was time to whip out the Toll House cookie recipe and get them doing something besides arguing.

Bubba, my 2 year old, ate more than we cooked.  He kept running off with M&M's.  
Then after the cookies were done he was picking the M&M's out and eating them.  
I guess the moral to this story is "ya gotta hide the M&M's for yourself".


Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet chips
     

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets or if you're 2 just roll and squish them and roll them onto the baking sheet.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Add M&M's when first out of the oven. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to cool completely.
 
                                             





You really can't make an easier cookie.  

Angel


6 comments:

  1. Yum! Those cookies look amazing! I am giving away a Starbucks Verismo Brewer on my blog. I would love if you would check it out. http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would pick off the M&M's, eat them and then run around in joy also! hahahaha
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies and M&M's, Win, win. They look delicious. Would love for you to stop by and share on my weekly recipe linky, Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2014/01/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-70-fruit-salad.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving chocolate chip cookes for two days and you have just made me want them more! I think I am going to to have to give in and just make some! They sound delicious with the M&M's! Stopping by from New Recipe Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and sharing with Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen. I hope to see you back again, my linky goes live every Friday!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/02/try-new-recipe-tuesday-february-4.html

    ReplyDelete