Who can resist sweet, rich, chocolate fudge?
Not me. I found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine and it was love at first bite.
This simple, decadent chocolate pie filling can make your taste buds do a happy dance.
Sorry, I drooled a little....
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked piecrust shell (homemade or frozen)
- Scoop Vanilla Ice cream (or flavor of your choice)
Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
Recipe credits article Southern Living Magazine /My Recipes