Thursday, July 14, 2016

What to Do When Your Garden is Overflowing with Zucchini

by Angie Ouellette-Tower for http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/ photo 2012-08-02_zpsgmzdryrt.jpg
What to Do When Your Garden is Overflowing with Zucchini


This post is my 27th "Contributing Angel" post (Thank you  again to my friend Angel for allowing me to contribute to your amazing blog!)

Zucchini is one of the easiest vegetables to grow in your own garden.  It doesn't matter what size your garden is, growing zucchini should be near the top of your list of produce to grow.  Zucchini is also one of the most prolific vegetable plants - my husband calls zucchini "the carp of the garden" for 2 reasons:
1.  There are as many zucchini in a garden in one year as there are carp in Lake Erie
2.  Also, if not picked in time - zucchini can grow almost overnight to the size of some smaller carp.

Don't worry - here are 6 ways to use zucchini:
 - freeze zucchini for use in winter smoothies
- add zucchini to some of your canning like homemade tomato sauce
- cook with zucchini
- zucchini makes delicious baked goods
- raw zucchini is great in salads
- after dark, sneak up to your neighbors houses and drop some zucchini off on their doorstep (and then quickly run away) (this idea is not recommended - hahaha lol)

Below I have included some of my zucchini recipes & tips (click on each title to view the entire post & ENJOY!)
FREEZING
Using Frozen Shredded Zucchini in Smoothies
Frozen Garden Produce Smoothie by Angie Ouellette-Tower for godsgrowinggarden.com photo 001_zpsc06830c0.jpg
CANNING
Canning Tomato Sauce

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again my friend for giving me this fun opportunity each month! I hope that your readers enjoy my recipes. Have a blessed day.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete