Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Remember These!

Coke!  I love my Coke.
Soda cooler

Yes, it was only black and white and you physically had to get 
up off your butt to change the channels.  Seriously!
Vintage television

Oh and let's not forget the rotary phone.  What a lot of work
just to make a call.  It was however a mobile phone, as long as you 
picked it up and carried it around with you.
rotary phone

I hate to show my age but I've been here and made coffee with this 
little beauty.  Fun, fun, fun.  If you wanted flavoring you 
could always douse it with breast milk, lol.
vintage coffee pot.  Coffee that tasted like motor oil.

Oh yea, 8 Track Tapes.  Compact and you could take them anywhere. 
And look how compact the player is.
8 track tape player in the car... living LARGE baby!!!


Then, we have the Outhouse.  We were very fortunate when I was
little because we had a 2 seater.  Yep, 2 seats.  Actually they
were 2 big holes in a wooden board that you sat on and hoped 
nothing came up the other way and literally bit your butt.
Our little church had a 3 seater.  Woohoo!!
Outhouse

I can remember the every day we said the Pledge of Allegiance to our
wonderful country and it was then follower by a prayer.
Children used to say the Pledge of Alligance

Full service gas station.  Anyone remember having your windows cleaned and
your oil checked, for free.  Customer Service.
Getting your windows washed, tires, water & oil checked at Full Service gas station. The attendants did everything back then. Oh how nice it was to pull into a gas station and the gas price was 25 CENTS A GALLON. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

I can remember gas being 25cents a gallon.  Oh my age is showing.
1957 Esso Gas Station Attendant...it's been decades since the full service gas station.

When was the last time you saw a drive-in movie.  Go in a pickup and
back into your space.  Lawn chairs and a cooler.  Oh yeah!  Cool breezes, 
crisp evening air and popcorn and Coke.  I remember them well.
Honda Campaigns To Save The Drive-In Movie - PSFK 

Water pump, literally.  
Mom's old hand water pump...still works

Maytag Washer, top of the line at one time in history.
Remember the ringer.  My mother always yelled at me to keep
my hair back so I didn't get it caught in the ringer, AGAIN!
Old Maytag Ringer Washer...the way they made these back then... I bet this machine would still be running today!

Anyone ever used this little treasure?
vintage coffee pot  .This is what we grew up with.

Here we have the furnace, sort of.  It kept you warm on many
long, winter nights as long as you didn't run out of wood.
wood stove

Push Mower.  These were actually cool at one time.
Personally I'll take our John Deer anytime.
Non motorized push lawn mowers were common when I was a young child.

These were in every school room you could find.  
No motor or battery needed.  It ran on human power.
Crank Pencil Sharpener


The wood cooking stove.  Oh now this was the way to make biscuits.
I can still smell them today.  Momma in the kitchen at 5am making biscuits.
Wood stove

That's all for today.
Hope you enjoyed the trip down Memory Lane.

Angel

(photos from Pinterest.  See my Pinterest Board for further details on these and other treasures. Remember These.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Angel it is amazing how times have changed! It seems like things were made so much better back then. Take care.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Think about the changes our parents and grandparents have seen in their lifetimes. Imagine the ones we and our children will witness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember many of these myself. We never did have an outhouse, but omg, I think we had that same pencil sharpener. Come to think of it I think my mom still has that sharpener!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun walk in history ... although some of those things aren't that old. Crazy how fast we have developed as a people.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these!!!

    We still have a percolator! It makes the BEST coffee.

    I miss the drive -in theatres!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH how fun is this?? You took me back, and I too can say I used many of these back in the day! What a fun post Angel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Love this post! I'll be featuring it tomorrow for Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always something about old, vintage telephones that I like picking up and turning the dial!

    ReplyDelete