Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Adventures in Holiday Shopping

Hello wonderful friends.  It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here again.  The holidays seem to come faster each year.  I got up early and headed to the local chain store to pick up all my items for cooking our holiday dinner. You gotta love mega stores, they really are huge and you can find practically everything.  All the hustle and bustle in the stores.  The holidays are here!!!!

I saw the nicest holiday gesture when I pulled into the parking lot.  I was just stunned at how far people will go to keep you from getting into trouble if you accidentally park in the handicapped parking spot but you're not actually handicapped. I was truly touched at how much some people really do care.
Don't fucking park in a handicap spot @Claudia Vancoppenolle we gaan is wat folie aanschaffen :-D


Walking across the parking lot I had tears in my eyes because of the touching gesture someone had displayed toward keeping that poor person out of trouble for parking in the wrong spot. He might've gotten a ticket or towed or something, oh my.

I did feel sorry for this guy.  He was heading into a parking spot and some cute little old lady cut him off and got the spot.  He was really angry at first but she made a good argument as to why she should have the parking spot instead of him and he fully understood and even agreed with her.  So sweet.




Wow, so much holiday spirit!  I am just to moved for words to describe it.

Then when I went through the automatic doors I was immediately greeted by the greeter. Those are the people that stand at the doors and welcome you to enhance your shopping experience. They are always smiling and so happy that you have decided to come where they work to do your business.




If you have trouble getting around they have those cute little riding carts for the handicapped readily available.  The greeters are always ready to tell you where to go if you ask for help with these carts.  Wow, don't you love the holidays.
  Why, that looks like some of the store greeters (bygod)

Everybody patiently waits in line for the sale to start.   I love this time of year, people seem to be just a little bit nicer.  They are always ready to let you cut in line if you are in a hurry.  It's truly amazing.





This lady was shopping for a new computer.  I feel for her.  She kept telling the sales person what she was looking for but there just seemed to be a communication issue for them.





This lady got all dressed up to go shopping.  I just don't have the energy to put this much effort in to how I look to go shopping.  I just put on a little mascara and I'm ready to shop.

Image detail for -... Close-up of a woman with curlers in her hair holding a cup of coffee

I was looking for toys for my 2 year old for Christmas but there were a lot of people in the toy aisle so I thought I'd find my little guys toys later.


This poor girl was in line when she found out her boyfriend was cheating on her.  She handled it really well, seriously, everyone in the store can tell you she did.


This dear got confused about what the express lane was used for but it worked out well because there were some other friendly shoppers there that explained it to her, really well.


I don't always go to a express lane with 12 items or less, but when I do I get some dumb ass that can't count in front of me


It is such an awesome shopping experience.  I met this guy on my way out that was so happy that he told the greeter...
The Terminator


Happy holidays everyone.  Enjoy your shopping experiences.
Angel

5 comments:

  1. Your take on the wonders of the Holidays is really a hoot! Thanks for putting so much effort into it to help us appreciate all the love and good will found all around us! Great job! Linda @ www.paperseedlings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    We have to really remember not to sweat the small stuff. People get so worked up when they are shopping you just gotta find the humor in it. We've got to remember what the holiday season is all about. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you for visiting with me today.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely know how to find the humor in the holidays Angel. We all need to be that light hearted. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny - I'm laughing so hard! - Thanks for sharing!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to start the craziness of the holidays ~ with a laugh!

    ReplyDelete