"This recipe is easy and delicious! Can be used for appetizers or part of the main course!"
Don't tell anyone that it's healthy and only 5 calories per baked strip.
What you need:
- 2 large zucchini
- wash and cut your zucchini into strips after trimming ends off- makes 24 fries - for a total if 2 calories per strip
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to coat your baking sheet
- 1/2 cup low fat milk in a bowl for coating zucchini
- 1 box Jiffy corn meal mix for coating on a plate or in a bowl- you will only use about 1/8 cup which is approximately 80 calories equal to 3.33 calories per strip to coat
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste without adding calories or fat
- allumium foil to cover your baking sheet if desired
Gives you a crunchy, golden crust with the slightest taste of sweet.
Dip zucchini strips into milk , shake to remove any excess, and roll strips in corn muffin mixture to lightly coat. Transfer coated zucchini strips to the prepared baking sheet.
Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add a light coating of EVOO
Serve immediately with Marinara Sauce or Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Serves 6-8 as a side dish.
1/2 cup of Marinara Sauce averages 65 calories
Ranch dressing is delicious but can add substantially more calories.