Luscious Double Lemon Cake
Boomer Brief To-Go
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 11⁄2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' (icing) sugar
- 11⁄2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
In the mug, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Using a fork, beat in egg, sugar, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice until very well blended.
Microwave on High for 11⁄2 to 2 minutes (checking at 11⁄2) or until risen and center is just set. Let cool slightly or entirely in mug. Eat directly from mug or gently remove to a small plate.
Icing: In a small bowl or cup, use a fork to stir confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
from Mima Sinclair's book, "Mug Cakes"
This is so delicious and so easy… just don’t get into the habit of eating one for breakfast everyday!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon demerara (raw) sugar
Place the butter in a 12-ounce mug and microwave for 10–20 seconds until melted.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla to the mug and beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt and beat again until smooth. Fold in half the blueberries and then top with the remainder.
Cook in the microwave. Microwave cooking times differ according to the wattage of your oven. If you have a 600 watt microwave, it'll take 2 minutes 20 seconds; allow 2 minutes for an 800 watt oven and 1 minute 40 seconds for 1,000 watts.
5-Minute Gooey Molten Chocolate Mug Cake