Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Chair Makeover


A few weeks ago I had purchased a cute little mahogany desk to use for my sewing machine.  
I wanted something small that I could sit in front of a window for tedious projects.

Then I set out to find a cheap but adorable chair for my desk.

I found the perfect size chair but it was a little outdated for me.

I loved the detail across the top. 
Hated the old seat.

I removed all the hardware and took the seat off to recover.

The fabric was very well-worn and there were 
dozens of staples and nails of varying ages.
It must have been repair many times over the years.
Below is the woodboard that was weathered but still good.


I always have a fabric stash and some foam pieces handy so
that I'm ready when inspiration hits me.

I replaced the cushion and added a rose patterned cover.
It was pretty quick and easy.

Then it was just a matter of polishing it up with a good furniture
polish to bring back the shine of the natural wood.




I loved it when I got it in the family room and sat it in front of my desk.
 


It is the perfect chair and now it sits great too. 


Thanks for visiting with me today.

Angel







5 comments:

  1. This looks similar to my "Miss Rose" chair makeover in September. When I pinned it others popped up so I started a board of "rose carved chairs". I'm adding yours to it :)
    I like the rose pattern fabric you used!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chair seat change is one of the easier improvements to make. Good for you showing the step-by-step. Maybe more people will be encouraged to give this a try... such a cute end result:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job on the tutorial for the makeover chair. It sure did come out beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you picked. It's so girly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello gorgeous! So pretty! Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday~Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete